Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why am I so lost?

I have everything anyone can ever want. Loving parents, awesome friends, a life to look forward to and a career I aim at achieving. Still, every night when the world is asleep and there is peace, I find myself lost.. I feel a sudden ache caused by a grave feeling of loneliness. The day passes quickly and I do not mind being alone, the sounds of the happenings around me keeping my thoughts at bay. As the night approaches, I find myself staring at objects for no certain reason. Its like a void. Random thoughts that haunt me, thoughts that probably mean nothing but still make me uneasy. Sleep rarely comes easily and often I have to wait for my mind to shut up so that I can escape to weird dreams that are somehow more soothing than reality.

A few years back I had developed a sleep disorder. Times then were different though.. Maybe I just never let go. I have tried everything to fill in the emptiness, but I guess, life can never be perfect. Everyone can't have everything. I had learnt it years ago that life is a compromise and happiness is always followed by sadness. 

Maybe one day, when I will find what I want and the annoying feeling will go away. I just need find out what it is that's bothering me so much. The day I find out what it is, I will make sure I get it. Because I am tired of being lost and sleepless..

No comments:

Post a Comment